Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting out of the life rut!!

I discovered on a cousins blog that BYU has online classes that you can take for free. You don't get credit for any of them but I think they are great! You can take classes to go along with your scripture study, they also have classes like Family History, Strengthening Marriage and Family, Planning and Preparing your Garden, Basic Arithmetic, Bowling :-), Temples Past and Present, Organ Performance, and much more. I think it is great that they offer these classes.
It has been a different experience sending my husband off to and staying at home feeling like he is progressing and I am not. In fact with each pregnancy I have felt like i am moving backwards. So when I read about these I decided to check them out. With being a mom of 3 (and a lot of the time 4 with my niece) I need a lot of strength. I am going to start the BoM class and do a little more than read my scriptures. I am so excited to learn a little more and feel like I am giving my brain a good workout. ;-)
The other thing i am going to be working on is my going to be HOT STUFF when I hit the big 3...0!! Just you wait, people will crash when then see me walking down the street being all hot and such. :-) it has been killing me to not be able to go out running, I hope I am not too disappointed when I realize that its gotten hard to run again now that i haven't been in a while.


I am so excited to start moving out of the life rut that I have felt like I am in. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your plan! I think that is a great idea! Maybe I will join you!

Heidi said...

Good for you, Traci! I didn't know BYU offered free online courses. I'll have to check that out.

Ashley McKinnon said...

You're awesome! Let's get hot together. Sound good???

Natalie Kay said...

Wow, I'm super impressed! Taking classes is a brilliant idea! (I've always been interested in taking some crafty classes from Roberts, someday I want to sign up for those.)