Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Chunk in the Trunk

Ok so as I was making lunch today I sat and wondered, "Why is it so hard to loose weight? Why is it so hard to eat right and excercise?" So I decided I would blog and see if anyone that reads my blog would know the answer. Then I realized that everyone that reads my blog is skinny!!! So it could just be me that views the task of excercising as daunting. I went running yesturday morning and realized I was giving all the morning commuters a glace at how giggly I can get. I have also been trying to only eat sugar one day a week! I'm not sure it's going so well, a girl has got to have her chocolate. My lunch wasn't all that bad for me, I had a turkey sandwich with Great Harvest Wheat bread, turkey, tomato, cheese, mayo and mustard. So where to you find your motivation? Obviously for me, looking in the mirror and not wanting to look so chubba lubba insn't enough motivation. I get glimpses of motivation, but at 7 in the morning when I get a split second to maybe excercise, I think about how much sleep I didn't get because my baby still doesn't want to sleep through the night and then the motivation is gone. HELP!! I need to get looking a little bit better by Miss Lehi on June 7th so I need all the advice I can get.

9 comments:

Smith Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Kay said...

How about we start exercising together!? I have a weight room, do you? I've only actually been there once since we moved in, but I just need a partner to get me going. What do ya think?

Mark Nott said...

Completely random since we never talk but here's what I found. My dad did weight watchers and lost a lot of weight, I don't know the exact number, but he seems to be half his original size.
Deb and I saw how much he lost and tried it for ourselves and we lost some weight, but then lost the drive. But we're starting again and I already feel better. It's a lot easier when you do it with someone else.
I also like it because you can eat what ever you want, you just eat less of it. The points are easy to calculate, and a lot of foods print their Weight Watchers point value on the packaging.

PS - How are you doing :-)

Smith Family said...

Nat Bat I would love to work out with you. We'll have to figure out a good time for both of us.
Mark, thanks for the advice. I have actually been thinking about weight watchers online.I know it has worked for a lot of people. Maybe my motivation is to keep everyone updated on my blog so I feel pressure to have good news. :-) First thing, I need to get the guts to put a scale in my home.

JethRobyn said...

Hey Traci, my advice to you would be to just exercise when you can, and just minimize your portions, stay away from carbonation.You can have chocolate, just do a very small portion, maybe one small bite only when ABSOLUTELY necessary. I understand the need for that, when you don't get enough sleep and are wrestling's kids all day, you need something. Oh yes and drink lots of water, go for the Light items and don't make cookie dough and eat half of it three times a week (my current problem). Good Luck! I have faith in you, you can do it! I need to get my own behind into shape, I've gotten lazy and even with my own treadmill haven't worked out like I should. Keep us updated!!

Ashley McKinnon said...

I think you look great!!!

Umm...I am the worst person to give advice as I HATE dieting and exercise. Cyd is my weight loss hero. She works out 3 times a week and she goes to a doctor at MD Diets in Orem. They give her appetite suppressants and "bum shots" to help her metabolism. She looks amazing! It's a great way to lose excess weight and then once you shed it, you can change your lifestyle. Now that it's getting warmer, it's easier to get out and take a walk. Take it slow, one step at a time. Start with portion control. We can do it together! My jiggle jiggle is getting OUT OF CONTROL!

JethRobyn said...

Oh, another good thing..sorry I just remembered this. I bought myself a pedometer today (measures steps taken) It was $12 at Target. There is a program called 10,000 steps. It's just a great way to keep you motivated and gives you an end goal for your day. I found a great website that talks more about the program if you want to check it out. http://www.pbs.org/americaswalking
/health/health20percentboost.html

Suzie said...

Trace the only thing that really works is eat less move more.
just enjoy life, don't beat yourself up & play hard.
you're awesome!

Bonnie said...

Hey old friend. I saw your comment on my blog so I came to look at yours. Your kids are so cute!

I wanted to tell you I joined a free weight loss program online and it is a big help. They have such good advice and you can track your progress online. Visit www.sparkpeople.com I will try and get your email and send you more info.