Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Being More Healthy

I have decided that I am having a hard time find quick and easy recipes that are also healthy. I have ward cook books full of recipes that call for Sour Cream and Cream of Chicken. But isn't it less healthy if you find the word Cream in it? So I need some of your ideas. I am going grocery shopping soon so I thought I'd get some awesome recipes to give a try. I found this one that sounds pretty healthy, easy and less expensive:
1/2 lb. capellini or spaghetti, uncooked
1/2 cup KRAFT Tuscan House Italian Dressing and Marinade
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1/3 cup fresh basil, finely sliced

COOK pasta as directed on package.

MEANWHILE, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add tomatoes; cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

DRAIN pasta. Add to tomato mixture; mix lightly. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.

Doesn't that look yummy!?! Anyway, please share some yummy ideas. If you would rather send it to my e-mail that is fine with me too! bob.traci.smith@gmail.com

2 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

I find it hard to find healthy recipes that sound good to me AND my children. If you don't have picky kids, it's great trying new dinners, but my kids hate when I make something new.

Daisy said...

I have the sane problem!!! I will have to give your recipe a try! :) Thanks!