Well when we were kneeling for prayer (without Paige because she was having her melt down) I asked Landon to bring me all of the stockings so we could put them up. Guess what we found . . . Santa had seen Paige performing her melt down and magically put a letter in her stocking. He explained that he has seen her be really good and he has seen her be really crazy. He said that a cute little girl that is yelling and saying mean things to her mom and dad doesn't get her on the nice list. He promised to give her one more shot because he really wants to bring her the fun stuff he has planned to bring. I told her to put that letter where she will see it often so that it can remind her because I want her to have a great Christmas.
We talked after that cause of course it calmed her down. I told her we need to remember that things as simple as a bath can happen the next day and are no reason to freak out on mom and dad. Now I know it would have been so much easier to just say "go ahead take a bath" but what would any of us learned from it. She has had issue with listening and doing what she's told so I felt like we needed to follow through.
But on top of all of this all I can think is "SHE'S ONLY 5!!!!!" What am I going to do when she's a teenager. I am so scared for that time. I hope I'm not doing everything wrong. Do you ever stress out and think "I sure hope I'm not screwing these kids up"? I do. But I am also glad that this next little baby will be a boy because then maybe I wont have to deal with so much drama anymore. I have enough of that in myself I don't need to add to it.
I sure can tell the difference this morning though. She's being very sweet, and even being patient with her brother. It may only last the remaining 2 days until Christmas but at least I have that. ;-) She really is such a sweet little girl but when she has a melt down . . . she has a MELT DOWN!!! Any mommy advice that can be shared would be wonderful!!




3 comments:
You did exactly what I would have done! You guys are such wonderful parents, too bad girls come with "drama" hormones!
haha! girls are amazing aren't they? I am grateful that I am having a boy too, girls are drama queens!
But I love her all the same :)
Sounds like you handled the situation well to me. I never know how to deal with all that drama, it stumps me every time and I usually end up rolling on the floor laughing with how ridiculous it all is :)!
I have a melt down child but he is a boy so drama queen is out. But his melt downs are just as bad. You did everything I would have done and the letter from Santa was genius!
Post a Comment