Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Goings On...

Here are a few things that have happened lately. I haven't been great at keeping up with my blog lately, but I thought I'd just throw out a few things that have happened.

  • We have shown our house 3 times. All on days when Robert was not home and would arrive home shortly after the scheduled time for them to be done. Lucky me I have had the chance to clean my house spotless 3 times by myself while being humongo pregnant and with 2 crazy kids
  • During one of these cleaning times Landon squirted diaper rash ointment in Paige's hair just before the car pool showed up. She got to fashion a nasty grease chunky hair style. Couldn't figure out how to clean it out that night, tried dish soap and it got it out most of the way.
  • While having dinner at Arctic Circle Paige was trying to be helpful and help a little baby girl up the slide. Some how (I wasn't watching) it caused the little girl to smash her face into the slide. Well this made Paige super embarrassed and she started to cry. She has noticed lately that her face goes red when she cries so she wouldn't come out from hiding her face in my lap. When we got in the car she asked if everyone in there knew she hurt that little girl. It made me sad for Paige, I tried to tell her that it was a mistake and people make mistakes. She told me she is sad at night sometimes when she thinks about all the mistakes she's made but when she sleeps it makes the sad feelings go away. My poor little girl!
  • I did Paige's hair yesterday and she walked out and said "Dad how do I look?" After he told her how pretty she looked she said "Mom did my hair! I'm a whole new girl!"
  • I have a hard time staying made at Landon. I started to count the other day hoping he would do what I asked him to do. Then he started counting with me. The way he says his numbers is so cute I just started to crack up. I have to stop this!!
  • Trying to potty train Landon. Not an easy task. Especially when I'm tired and pregnant. He seems interested, we will see where this goes!
  • Robert is loving school. He also really enjoys the people he works with. We have felt really blessed, lately, to be able to have schedules work out so that he can do both and still have a little time for us here at home.
  • I have felt extremely clumsy with this pregnancy! I am always dropping things, tripping and feeling unstable. Today while walking down the stairs outside of our condo my shoe caught on my pants and I went down. In a panic to make sure that I didn't land on my belly I did everything I could and ended up with a lump on my knee, both knees scraped, a pulled shoulder, a broken nail and a hurt ego. My kids would barely let me walk down the stairs after this. Landon even said "YOU DID IT!" When I made it to the bottom.
  • Robert is getting ready to do that Ragnar again this Summer. It is all he can think about. I wish I could share in his excitement this year but I don't think I'll be running much 3 months after I have a baby. I'm just sayin'!
  • I am so excited to be able to go down to Vegas this weekend to watch the Miss America pageant. I could have gone the whole week but I'm a baby when it comes to leaving my babies and husband. Besides it would have been ridiculous to figure out what to do with our kids everyday considering my mom and sister are both going.
  • My kids crack me up everyday with the little funny things they do and say. The other day when we were bringing a friend to our house Paige was telling her that she gets to meet her imaginary cat. She said "You get to meet my imaginary cat! She's invisible." When we got here and they went in her room I hear her friend say "Wow, it really is invisible!" She also had an invisible fish today that she insisted on keeping cold with ice.
  • Landon's nursery teacher said that he cracks her up! I wasn't sure to be excited about that or worried. But I'm going to try to be positive and be excited. He keeps us rolling, I think he's going to grow up to be a comedian!!
  • We saw Avatar yesterday. We LOVED it! Robert was so into it, it cracked me up. I could just see him realizing that all those dreams he had as a kid were being played out on the big screen. He was pretty giddy!! :-)
  • One more thing!! I am party of the best book club in the world! We have so much fun at all of our meetings. It is seriously the thing I look forward to every month. I love the ladies that are in it and the book selections are always great. ;-) I have never been a big reader but it is my favorite thing right now!

Holy Cow!! I think I'm done!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

That was a fun update. I really appreciate the part about the invisible pets..I'm going to tell my kids that they can have invisible pets someday.That was hilarious!

I did have two thoughts. When Paige is upset... you can teach her a simple way to repent in her prayers. We teach it in primary all the time! It might help her feel better.

And, I've read that kids regress when a new baby comes, so if potty training is miserable... wait til the baby comes! It might be easier then.

You're a rock star! Have a blast at Miss America... I'm totally jealous.

Unknown said...

I love your blog... I wish I was as exciting when it comes to blogging I am boring! :)

Unknown said...

You are a good writer cuz! Loved how Landon counted with you. After watching Avatar, I felt exhaused, like I was in one of the machines! Have a safe trip, and remember...we're right off the freeway!