Thursday, February 18, 2010

Paige's Creativity and other fun stories!

We were getting ready to leave Vernal this past weekend and Robert took Paige into the bathroom to get her to "go" so we wouldn't have to stop. I overheard them debating because she didn't want to go. Then I heard Paige say, "What if I get sick and they have to test my pee? I wont have any left!" Robert walked out at that point and said "she's getting really creative!". It made everyone around us laugh so hard. In fact my Aunt Ruth wanted to make sure I didn't forget to document it so she wrote a little note that said "Paige's Pee" on it to remind me when I got home. :-)
During funerals I find it so funny that it's awkward to say different things. For example, as I was talking to a cousin, referring to seeing them that weekend I said "I'm excited!". I wasn't sure if this was appropriate to say about seeing someone at a funeral. Then at the luncheon Robert turned to me and said, referring to the food, "I'm in Heaven!" It struck me funny, but made me think how little things people say are taken in different ways when you are at a funeral.
One more funny story from the trip. Robert went down to the exercise room in the hotel while I was putting the kids to bed. My sister and her husband pulled up while he was there, my mom, brother and other sister were in the room with him at this point. Robert was on the treadmill and waved to them motioning that he wanted them to join him. While doing this his foot turned slightly and caught the side of the treadmill and sent him flailing trying to regain his footing. He said the sound was the funniest part with a screech to start it off followed by stomping while he regained his footing. Needless to say my family got their workout laughing at him and didn't need the equipment anymore. My brother even commented that he didn't want to work out because Robert made it look so dangerous. He came up to the room so embarrassed. But while he was telling me I couldn't help but crack up!
It was a fun little trip. The drive home was a little scary. There was a blizzard and icy roads around Strawberry. But we survived and really enjoyed the time we had together!!

1 comment:

leslie jo said...

K tell BOB I have soo done that and I feel his pain but seriously I am cracking up picturing this right now. I miss you guys your so fun. How did the luncheon turn out?