Thursday, May 22, 2008

Please Help Out

This is a letter from my mom:
Dear Friends,

Recently I told you about my daughter and son-in-law and the situation they have found themselves in with a home they purchased 1 1/2 years ago. The mold levels in the home are so high, they have been unable to live in the home and it will require the home be completely gutted to the outer brick walls. They also had to leave with few belongings, as anything that could absorb mold spores must be destroyed. Right now no one is allowed into the home without protective gear.
A lady at the Provo Redevelopment agency called Erin and told her of this home makeover contest that the winner will receive a 50K home makeover. She told her that considering the circumstances they should have someone write a story about their family and get as many people as we can to vote for them. I have written that story and posted it on the site.
About a year ago I asked everyone to go online and vote for Hesther Rippy for the L'Oreal Woman of Worth award. Your response was overwhelming and she was able to be selected as one of the finalists in that contest. I am asking for that same type of support in this. Please go to the link below, register with the site (there is no purchase or obligation to do this), and vote for the Jeppson family. We are anxious to get them back into a home that is safe for them to live in and would greatly appreciate your help on this. Please forward this to everyone on your email address list. Let's see if we can help these kids out!

Here is the link:
http://www.americahometoday.com/homemakeover/stories


Jean Hatch

5 comments:

Suzie said...

you guys made it so easy to help them!

let me know if it's okay if I link it on my blog..
:)

ps interview practice Sun night?

Smith Family said...

Yes you can put it on your blog!! Yes interview practices on Sunday. Thanks for your help Suzie!

Natalie Kay said...

Is there a special promo code I'm supposed to use?

Smith Family said...

No you don't need to enter a code.

leslie jo said...

I voted and will tell all my family to.