I found this amazing recipe! It was originally just to put in arepas (a corn flour pancake you stuff with the filling of your choice that Robert had a lot on his mission in Venezuela). But we eat it with bite size tortilla chips and it has quickly become a favorite food at the Smith house. We have tried it on a couple of friends and they loved it instantly. Give it a try!
Avocado Salsa
2 cups - Finely Chopped Onion (I only did 1/3 or an onion)
3/4 Cup - Chopped red bell pepper (I did 1/2 large pepper)
3 Tbls. - Finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
3 Tbls. - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbls. - White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp. - Dijon Mustard
3/4 tsp. - Sea Salt
1/4 tsp. - Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 large - Garlic Clove, minced
1 1/2 cups - Chopped peeled avocado (about 2)
1 1/2 cups - Chopped Plum (Roma) Tomatoes
2 Tbls. - Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1/4 tsp. - Hot Pepper Sauce
Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; toss mixture gently. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Stir in Avocado and remaining ingredients just before serving.
I just combined it all, refrigerated for 1 hour and ate it up! It is so delicious! Avocados are cheap and ripe right now too! If you try it let me know what you think!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! I am totally going to use this recipe I love avocados and will love this recipe. :)
Thanks for sharing - I am totally going to try.
Post a Comment